From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: gentoo-doc@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New documentation policy
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 10:36:16
1 Hi,
2
3 On the 21th of July the Gentoo Documentation Project will start using a new
4 documentation policy. This policy has been discussed and accepted on
5 gentoo-doc@g.o, the main discussion mailinglist for
6 documentation-related items.
7
8 You can find the draft at http://dev.gentoo.org/~swift/doc-policy.html and
9 will come online on the 21th of July on
10 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/doc-policy.xml (which currently is the "old"
11 policy).
12
13 This policy has a couple of important changes, the most important probably
14 being the mandatory use of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike
15 license, something several of our users requested.
16
17 We will convert our current documentation to CC-AS but we first need to find
18 out if we just need approval of the Gentoo managers, or the approval of every
19 author/contributor.
20
21 Just letting you guys know,
22