From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: app-cdr/sync2d
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2020 19:40:42
1 On Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 9:55 AM Jonas Stein <jstein@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 04/06/2020 01.39, Aaron Bauman wrote:
4 > > # Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o> (2020-06-03)
5 > > # py2 only. dead upstream. m-n.
6 > > # Masked for removal in 15 days
7 > > app-cdr/sync2cd
10 > is there a good reason to reduce the time to 15 days?
11 >
12 > https://devmanual.gentoo.org/ebuild-maintenance/removal/index.html
13 > "Wait 30 days (or more)"
14
15 I think we all agree that Python 2-only packages are going to have to
16 be removed.
17
18 This package is Python 2-only, and it was last released more than 13
19 years ago, and the website even says that the project is dead
20 (http://c-space.org/).
21
22 With that in mind, I don't expect it to gain Python 3 support, nor do
23 I expect an additional 15 days of waiting time to change that fact. 15
24 vs 30 days doesn't seem worth squabbling over.