From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
Cc: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: USE=libav as replacement for broken || ( libav:= ffmpeg:= )
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 15:26:20
1 Dnia 2015-01-26, o godz. 12:57:36
2 Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 09:19:19 -0800
5 > Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
6 >
7 > > > what Michał claims is that 'foo' will want ffmpeg, no matter what.
8 > >
9 > > Maybe he's talking about some case where portage failed to trigger a
10 > > rebuild when appropriate. We've had a number of bugs like this that
11 > > have been fixed. The most recent recent example is bug 531656 [1].
12 >
13 > Yes I know about this one :) To be honest I find it much more
14 > difficult and convoluted (?) than the present case, yet you fixed it.
15 > Even worse: there has been tree-wide changes made because of this
16 > (removal of := from all || ( ffmpeg:= libav:= )) instead of filling
17 > portage bugs... which I consider just plain wrong and was in fact my
18 > initial rant.
19
20 This was done after contacting the PMS team, and I think Portage team
21 as well but not sure anymore.
24 Best regards,
25 Michał Górny