From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] bug wrangler queue is large...
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 19:34:22
1 On Tuesday 25 May 2010 14:46:01 Matti Bickel wrote:
2 > On 05/25/2010 08:24 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 > > they are supposed to be doing basic triage, user feedback
4 >
5 > Can you be more specific?
6
7 i posted some specific examples already ... a little double checking of
8 reports and suggestion of basic debugging steps (strace/whatever) would be
9 nice, but i can let that slide since this is a bit more package specific.
10
11 > I wrangle bugs when there's a need and I'd
12 > like to hear what maintainers want to see on a bug assigned to them.
13 > If info is missing I usually ask for it and assign the bug anyway. If
14 > that's not wanted, let me know.
15
16 i dont feel like this should go to the maintainer yet. if a report is missing
17 something that the maintainer needs, it isnt ready for them to look at. so
18 wranglers ask for it, leave it assigned to bug-wranglers, and close as
19 NEEDINFO. when (if) things become available, it can then be re-opened and
20 moved to the maintainer.
21 -mike