From: Matti Bickel <mabi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] bug wrangler queue is large...
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 20:09:32
1 On 05/25/2010 09:33 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > i posted some specific examples already ...
3
4 Sure enough. Just wanted to know if there's more to it than build.log
5 and emerge --info. I'll try to extract something more than that next
6 time. Goes w/o saying that bug cleanup should be done prior
7 to assignments.
8
9 > so wranglers ask for it, leave it assigned to bug-wranglers, and
10 > close as NEEDINFO. when (if) things become available, it can then be
11 > re-opened and moved to the maintainer. -mike
12
13 Good enough for me. The intention behind the immediate assignments was
14 the hope that maintainers could figure out the error from the already
15 provided info ("does not work" won't get assigned), netting quicker
16 reaction times.