From: "Philippe Lafoucrière" <lafou@×××××××.fr>
To: strider@××××××.net
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A nice idea to improve portage
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 20:19:22
1 > Honestly, I think I'd much prefer if portage just queued all of those
2 > messages and displayed them at the end of the emerge. If that
3 > information was in a README, you'd have to go, find, and read the README
4 > for every package and dependency that you install. That's a lot of work.
5 > Since portage is supposed to be non-interactive, it shouldn't assume
6 > that you're gonna stick around watching the terminal while it does its
7 > thing. ;)
10 Hmmm both are good ideas !! Why don't add some README files, that are displayed
11 (instead of queued) at the end of an emerge ?
15 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list