From: Stephen Bennett <spb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [ANN] Multiple version suffixes illegal in gentoo-x86
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 23:26:35
1 On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 09:56:02 -0700
2 Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Best I can figure, the offered reason is "it needs to be blocked
5 > before it becomes widespread thus cannot be blocked any further"-
6 > which isn't much of a reason since the support is long term there
7 > already, and doesn't state *why* it needs to be blocked (just states
8 > "it needs to be blocked").
9
10 It's better stated as "we need to put a hold on this so that a reasoned
11 discussion can be had, and a decision made, before use becomes so
12 widespread as to force the issue regardless of what is decided on
13 technical merits."
14 --
15 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list