From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Is removing old EAPIs worth the churn?
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 23:39:44
1 On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 2:27 PM, Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 5:22 PM, Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o> wrote:
3 >> On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 1:35 PM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
4 >> > On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 4:17 PM, Andreas K. Huettel
5 >> > <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
6 >> >>
7 >> >> Is it worth the effort? Yes, see below.
8 >> >> Is it a high priority task? No.
9 >> >>
10 >> >
11 >> > It sounds like all that has been done is to log a tracker and create
12 >> > some bugs. That is hardly a major burden on anybody. If it nudges
13 >> > people to bump the EAPI when they're doing other work so much the
14 >> > better, but there doesn't seem to be a drop-dead date yet.
15 >> >
16 >> > If devs don't want to think about EAPI cleanup they don't have to right
17 >> > now.
18 >>
19 >> No, not true. Look at the blocking bugs. We're asking arch teams to
20 >> retest and restabilize ebuilds whose only difference is the EAPI bump.
23 > Ultimate the arch teams are supposed to test the ebuild (that it works), so
24 > when we change the EAPI of the ebuild re-testing is required.
25
26 Of course, but that's not the point...