From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Last rites for net-im/kopete
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 10:30:50
1 As per summary, net-im/kopete is going away (again).
2 For a while upstrem released some versions out of the KDE release cycle
3 (0.12_alpha through 0.12.2), but now 0.12.3 was merged again inside
4 kdenetwork-3.5.5, so the point of having it in net-im is gone again.
5
6 As I've heard the most foolish requests about this, I'll be masking it for
7 good. kde-base/kopete has already all the changes I did to net-im/kopete in
8 the past months backported, so there's no regression in moving to it now.
11 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
12 Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Sound, ALSA, PAM, KDE, CJK, Ruby ...