From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in media-video/ffmpeg: ffmpeg-0.10.2.ebuild ChangeLog
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 03:08:19
1 On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 15:05:46 -0300
2 Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > imho it doesnt hurt anyone to have fine-grained control
5 >
6 > what could be discussed is to put these into a use expand variable, to
7 > better distinguish between important useflags and less important ones
8 >
9 > is that what you mean by 'putting these under "tools" or something?' ?
10
11 No, I meant one USE flag, called "tools", that builds and installs all or
12 none of them. Unless they have external dependencies, or extraordinary
13 build times, or licensing issues, then I can't see a situation where someone
14 would want or need to pick and choose like this. If you disagree then I
15 suppose an expanded variable is an improvement, though I don't like them
16 myself.
17
18 Kudos on the USE flag descriptions in any case. Very informative.
22 fonts, gcc-porting
23 toolchain, wxwidgets
24 @ gentoo.org