From: Sergei Trofimovich <slyfox@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: lu_zero@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] eselect init
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 17:37:33
1 > > I'd go for init=/sbin/gentoo-init and make all the messy stuff there.
2 > > Otherwise by breaking /sbin/init it would be hard to find proper
3 > > name of, say, SYSVs /sbin/init. How would you call it?
4 >
5 > /bin/init is my idea (second in the list in linux fallback), otherwise
6 > we can just make the wrapper use a non-taken name and have people
7 > willing to play with it just reroll their kernel/boot system.
8
9 Ah, cool then! If it eselect thing implemented; something like news entry
10 on migration would educate those like me not to be that scared.
14 Sergei