From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] eselect init
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 13:15:24
1 On 05/25/2013 01:29 PM, Sergei Trofimovich wrote:
2 > If you can't change options at boot time it's very simple to get
3 > unbootable system. Just curious, who does such systems and
4 > how root filesystem (+ it's mount options) is expected to be
5 > found there?
6
7 You write your bootargs in the kernel, if you really must you can go to
8 the efi shell and override by hand.
9
10 you can surely install an efi ui on top of your efi implementation but
11 that's unrelated. My current setup works decently the way I mentioned
12 and I guess more than a single person might use it.
13
14 > I'd go for init=/sbin/gentoo-init and make all the messy stuff there.
15 > Otherwise by breaking /sbin/init it would be hard to find proper
16 > name of, say, SYSVs /sbin/init. How would you call it?
17
18 /bin/init is my idea (second in the list in linux fallback), otherwise
19 we can just make the wrapper use a non-taken name and have people
20 willing to play with it just reroll their kernel/boot system.
21
22 lu