From: Tibor Rudas <a9101556@××××××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] what does manual "make" do, portage doesn't ?
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 03:54:08
1 > >./configure --host=${CHOST} || die
2
3 Thanks for the help but I'm afraid this configure is quite nonstandard.
4 It sports a variety of options concerning MPI but lacks some of the more
5 common ones. Alas "--host" is one of them.
6
7 Alas Todd Heim's idea of using econf does also not work since the configure
8 script does not recognize "--with-infodir"...
9
10 I think the problem is not in the configure process since I can do a manual
11 "make" in the build-dir. It is only when make is started by portage that it
12 aborts.
13 Another unusual thing is that when I do the manual make in the build-dir
14 and it completes sucessfully, I can't even build a binary package by
15 ebuild /usr/portage..../mpich-1.2.4.ebuild package because it starts
16 the whole configure/make process again (but this could be due to the
17 older portage version. I'll have to try this at home where I'm - almost -
18 up to date :).
19
20 thanks
21 tigor