From: Markus Krainer <markus-krainer@××××××.at>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] what does manual "make" do, portage doesn't ?
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 09:27:06
1 Tibor Rudas wrote:
2
3 > I think the problem is not in the configure process since I can do a manual
4 > "make" in the build-dir. It is only when make is started by portage that it
5 > aborts.
6
7 Maybe your MAKEOPTS (in /etc/make.globals) let make break.
8
9 > Another unusual thing is that when I do the manual make in the build-dir
10 > and it completes sucessfully, I can't even build a binary package by
11 > ebuild /usr/portage..../mpich-1.2.4.ebuild package because it starts
12 > the whole configure/make process again (but this could be due to the
13 > older portage version. I'll have to try this at home where I'm - almost -
14 > up to date :).
15
16 Set FEATURES="noauto" in /etc/make.conf.
17
18 hth,
19 Markus