From: Vitaly Kushneriuk <vitaly_kushneriuk@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Creating ebuilds: Choices?
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 09:28:07
1 On Fri, 2002-02-01 at 02:45, Jared H. Hudson wrote:
2 > I'm creating an ebuild for apache that includes Microsoft Frontpage 2002
3 > extensions. Since this is an option that most people would probably not
4 > want, but some might, what is a good way to allow a ebuild compiler to
5 > choose?
6 >
7 > Would creating an apache-frontpage-1.3.22.ebuild be appropiate?
8 >
9 > What about other extensions? I assume that the builders of
10 > apache-1.3.22-r7.ebuild assumed everyone would want mod_ssl, but how do
11 > you make such a decision? Base it on what's common? For example,
12 > redhat's apache rpms contain mod_ssl, so gentoo should also, ect?
13 >
14 > -Jared H.
15 >
16 > PS. In case you're curious why anyone would want Frontpage 2002
17 > extensions, it's because I have 2 potential customers requesting it for
18 > my web hosting company.
19 This kind of package-specific configuration is considered for the
20 second generation of portage. And some other very nice features too ;)
21
22 /Vitaly