From: Alexander Gretencord <arutha@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] a question about hardware in gentoo!
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 12:23:53
1 On Thursday 18 April 2002 18:40, Bjarke Sørensen wrote:
2 > I think not, last I heard Gentoo required 64M RAM to boot the install
3 > CD.
4
5 Well you might be right did't consider the RAM but I don't know if that's true
6 for compiling those components that run quite well on that hardware. But he
7 can still build the system on another computer and then put it onto that
8 comp. Running should be no problem if you don't run KDE or something like
9 that. But you wouldn't want to compile a whole system with glibc and all on a
10 166MHz anyway.
11
12 Alex
15 "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
16 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
17 Benjamin Franklin