From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: rfc: Does OpenRC really need mount-ro
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 09:03:19
1 On Wed, 17 Feb 2016 22:11:42 -0500
2 Richard Yao <ryao@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > dracut does not assist those who do not want generic kernel
5 > configurations. Unfortunately, the handbook does not do a good job in
6 > saying that the initramfs generation and generic kernel configurations
7 > are optional.
8
9 Does Dracut's hostonly mode not count? I think this is even the
10 default as I don't specify it here and I had to temporarily force
11 non-hostonly mode on Fedora in order to fix a broken system. I
12 certainly keep my Gentoo kernel configuration to a minimum.
15 James Le Cuirot (chewi)
16 Gentoo Linux Developer