From: Marius Mauch <genone@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] nano removed from system?
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 01:15:17
1 On 09/08/03 Jason Stubbs wrote:
2
3 > Hello all,
4 >
5 > I pruned my world file to include only the software I want and then
6 > ran "emerge -p depclean" to find that nano appeared on the list. I
7 > added it to my world file and have cleared out old software. However,
8 > checking /etc/make.profile/packages, I find that nano has in fact been
9 > removed. In fact, there isn't any editor listed as part of the base
10 > system. Is this correct?
11
12 There is a virtual/editor so you can use another editor than nano in
13 system. All editors should provide virtual/editor.
14
15 Marius
20 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
21 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.