From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: dilfridge@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About current ppc/ppc64 status
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 17:19:51
1 On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 06:31:50PM +0200, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 > Am Samstag, 26. Juli 2014, 18:20:11 schrieb William Hubbs:
3 > > I know I'm replying to my own message, but I do have a concern about
4 > > this that I want to ask about.
5 > >
6 > > When a stable request is filed for a package, it is filed for all
7 > > architectures which have the ~arch keyword for the package and are
8 > > marked stable or dev in profiles.desc.
9 > >
10 > > If an arch wants to stay marked stable or dev but only stabilize a
11 > > subset of packages, I think it is reasonable to drop that arch's
12 > > keywords from packages they decide not to stabilize rather than move the
13 > > keywords to ~arch. That makes it obvious that we shouldn't file stable
14 > > requests on that package for that arch.
15 >
16 > I'd say the decision should be made by the arch team, not by the package
17 > maintainer.
18 >
19 > Means, arch teams can drop keywors in packages, but normally stabilization
20 > goes ahead as usual and requests are filed. Whether they are then honoured is
21 > another question.
22
23 If an arch team isn't going to honor a stable request, shouldn't they
24 remove themselves from it and say so?
25
26 Also, if an arch team does that, does that mean we don't have to file
27 stable requests for that arch on future versions of the package?
28
29 William