From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: About current ppc/ppc64 status
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 17:33:34
1 On 07/27/2014 03:19 AM, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > If an arch team isn't going to honor a stable request, shouldn't they
3 > remove themselves from it and say so?
4 >
5 > Also, if an arch team does that, does that mean we don't have to file
6 > stable requests for that arch on future versions of the package?
7
8 When armin did stabilisation for minor archs in the past, he took the
9 opportunity to evaluate whether it was still useful to have the package
10 stable. In many cases for small random packages, stable keywords were
11 dropped to reduce future workload. I always thought it was a pretty good
12 strategy.