From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council meeting, Thursday 15th, 1900 UTC
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 09:18:46
1 On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 09:42:19AM +0200, Thierry Carrez wrote:
2 > Nathan L. Adams wrote:
3 >
4 > > What about giving QA temporary revoke powers just like infra (Curtis
5 > > Napier's idea), traditionalist? Fixing devrel's resolutions policies and
6 > > Curtis' idea don't have to be mutually-exclusive.
7 >
8 > The idea behind -infra temporary revoke power is to react to emergency
9 > situations (as in "we must do something *now*"). Not sure a repeated QA
10 > violation would fall into that "emergency" category.
11 >
12 > The solution is rather to have a devrel liaison inside the QA team (or
13 > the other way around). These are not closed groups.
14
15 Agreed.
16
17 We don't need a second devrel, rather we need to make sure QA isn't
18 ignored by devrel
21 Jon Portnoy
22 avenj/irc.freenode.net
23 --