From: Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: new USE="win32" flag for mingw and prefix/windows support
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 19:43:13
1 On 21/04/16 11:31 AM, Mart Raudsepp wrote:
2 > Ühel kenal päeval, K, 20.04.2016 kell 22:18, kirjutas Mart Raudsepp:
3 >> Basically the only real point I have is that anything kernel_* to
4 >> control this probably doesn't make sense.
7 > Oh, just to clarify and avoid misunderstanding:
8 > I did not intend to ack the changes to gdk-pixbuf and gtk+ with my
9 > message, even if the flag name is changed.
10 > It sounds to me like we have some refactoring to do in those ebuilds
11 > together with aqua in mind as well, once we have agreed on the future
12 > global USE flag name.
13 > I also vote 'no' to the profiles changes, because we don't have 6+
14 > packages with the flag yet to make it global use flag quite yet (though
15 > it would make sense once we do, and in essence it is a global one that
16 > needs masking in other profiles, etc - fiddly with local use flag).
17 >
18 > Once this thread has concluded on a naming, I'm sure we can have a
19 > productive gtk/gdk-pixbuf review via IRC :)
22 > Mart
26 Ok, so to summarize:
27
28 a) +1 for a USE flag instead of KERNEL/ELIBC (that's 4 in favour, 2
29 against i think?)
30
31 b) -1 for making it global right now pending resolution of logistics
32 for the profiles/base/use.mask entry,
33
34 c) rejection for the proposed ebuild patches pending a toolkit
35 refactoring to be determined later.
38 B and C make most of this thread pretty well moot, I guess, but
39 following A, can we decide that USE="winapi" could be a good flag
40 name? If nobody objects I'll use that when leio and I work on the
41 refactoring of gtk+ and likely try to use local flags somehow for now.