From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Only you can prevent broken portage trees
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 23:49:28
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 22:33:26 +0100 Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o> wrote:
3 > | Ciaran McCreesh napsal(a):
4 > | > | What on earth are you talking about here? And why almost 6 months
5 > | > | is not enough for someone to respond on a bug with a simple
6 > | > | "we'll only support newer versions and don't care about MySQL
7 > | > | 4.0.x any more, go drop it"?
8 > | >
9 > | > Priorities. The arch teams could be too busy dealing with other bugs
10 > | > that matter more or too busy dealing with noise bugs.
11 > |
12 > | Sorry, taking 1 minute to respond on a bug after being poked for a
13 > | couple of months is not a matter of priorities, but mere politeness
14 > | and common sense. Seriously, you can't work productively with other
15 > | people if they can't be bothered to write one sentence for months.
16 >
17 > There are an awful lot of bugs requiring an awful lot of attention...
20 I'm actually going to agree with jakub here. I wouldn't even say they
21 need to fix the bug; but just acknowledge that they even read it or paid
22 attention or "hey we are working on it" or "hey we don't give a flying
23 rats ass."
24
25 There is a minimal level of communication that is required between
26 groups, otherwise nothing gets done and you *will* get people breaking
27 your arch tree or pulling your keywords, because if you having commented
28 on the bug ever then most sane people would probably assume you don't care.
29 --
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list