From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [pre-GLEP] Split distfile mirror directory structure
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 18:24:54
1 On 01/27/2018 01:14 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 >>
3 >> If we have a tool like edistadd, then I see the problem. But if we were
4 >> going to use file-data based hashes, then there would be no need for a
5 >> tool in most cases. As a developer, "repoman manifest" would handle it.
6 >> As a user, I'm going to see a message like,
7 >>
8 >> Fetch instructions for games-fps/doom3-lms-4:
9 >> * Please download LastManStandingCoop4Multiplatform.zip from:
10 >> * http://www.moddb.com/mods/last-man-standing-coop/downloads
11 >> * and move it to /var/cache/portage/distfiles
12 >>
13 >> except instead of $DISTDIR, it would suggest whatever directory is
14 >> computed from the hash in the manifest.
17 > How would that work if you had 5 different files, every one evaluating
18 > to a different directory?
21 for i in range(1,N):
22 do-what-you-did-for-the-first-one(i)
23