From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC]: gentoo-politics ML
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 06:56:56
1 Duncan wrote:
2 > Kumba <kumba@g.o> posted 466DF5FA.1000606@g.o, excerpted
3 > below, on Mon, 11 Jun 2007 21:25:14 -0400:
4 >
5 >> It's competition, at the core. No one likes draws, ties, or even photo
6 >> finishes, let alone losing. They like to win, and win by a large
7 >> margin. If someone tries to slip the last word in to get them over that
8 >> virtual finish line, rest assured someone else is gonna fire off an even
9 >> more last word just to one up them, and when we're talking mere microts
10 >> from the finish line, sometimes the gloves come off.
11 >>
12 >> Besides, it's not like a +2 Great Darkwood Crossbow of Acid is all
13 >> _that_ expensive. Probably a pain in the neck to load (and the kickback
14 >> has to hurt), but well it just means you need to level up some more :)
15 >
16 > Wow, talk about mixed metaphors! Foot-racing > boxing > AD&D. You've
17 > got gumption to try and pull /that/ off! =8^) I guess it works, tho, if
18 > you don't try to stretch any of them beyond the limited area they were
19 > applied to (which this sort of case begs... resist... resist... =8^) .
20
21 Metaphors tend to be my palette; sometimes I create art, and other times I
22 create things that make goatse look tame :P
25 > (And yes, this'd go on the other list, if we had it.)
26
27 It's in Infra's hands now. They've got a bug filed, and so, I leave it up to them.
28
29 Regardless on if it's created or not, this thread has made people think, I hope.
30 And maybe that's all we really need in the end, is for a few people to simply
31 stop and think.
32
33 I hope.
36 --Kumba
39 Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead
40
41 "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands
42 do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond
43 --
44 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list