From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC]: gentoo-politics ML
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 06:02:05
1 Kumba <kumba@g.o> posted 466DF5FA.1000606@g.o, excerpted
2 below, on Mon, 11 Jun 2007 21:25:14 -0400:
3
4 > It's competition, at the core. No one likes draws, ties, or even photo
5 > finishes, let alone losing. They like to win, and win by a large
6 > margin. If someone tries to slip the last word in to get them over that
7 > virtual finish line, rest assured someone else is gonna fire off an even
8 > more last word just to one up them, and when we're talking mere microts
9 > from the finish line, sometimes the gloves come off.
10 >
11 > Besides, it's not like a +2 Great Darkwood Crossbow of Acid is all
12 > _that_ expensive. Probably a pain in the neck to load (and the kickback
13 > has to hurt), but well it just means you need to level up some more :)
14
15 Wow, talk about mixed metaphors! Foot-racing > boxing > AD&D. You've
16 got gumption to try and pull /that/ off! =8^) I guess it works, tho, if
17 you don't try to stretch any of them beyond the limited area they were
18 applied to (which this sort of case begs... resist... resist... =8^) .
19
20 (And yes, this'd go on the other list, if we had it.)
25 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list