From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] last ritest for dev-java/saxon-bin
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 22:52:21
1 Enrico Weigelt wrote:
2 > * Petteri R?ty <betelgeuse@g.o> schrieb:
3 >> dev-java/saxon-bin is going to be removed from the tree as soon as the
4 >> from sources version dev-java/saxon gets marked stable on arches that
5 >> have saxon-bin stable. I will add a package move and a revision bump so
6 >> that user will have a smooth upgrade. I will also adjust app-text/jing
7 >> to work with the from sources version.
8 >
9 > Are such things also announced separately on some user list ?
10 > The problem I see: from the view of an common user (who's not
11 > reading the dev lists) packages they're using suddenly disappear.
12 > They don't have time to handle it properly.
13 >
14 > There should be an additional flagging (ie. scheduled for masking
15 > or removal), maybe such flags could be put into an separate
16 > database (ie. some textfile available via web or rsync).
19 Things scheduled for removal (by treecleaners, and I hope by many) enter
20 pmask prior to removal; this is really the current system of notification.
21
22 > An tool could check if the current system has some of those
23 > scheduled packages installed.
26 > cu
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list