From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] last ritest for dev-java/saxon-bin
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 22:26:18
1 * Petteri R?ty <betelgeuse@g.o> schrieb:
2 > dev-java/saxon-bin is going to be removed from the tree as soon as the
3 > from sources version dev-java/saxon gets marked stable on arches that
4 > have saxon-bin stable. I will add a package move and a revision bump so
5 > that user will have a smooth upgrade. I will also adjust app-text/jing
6 > to work with the from sources version.
7
8 Are such things also announced separately on some user list ?
9 The problem I see: from the view of an common user (who's not
10 reading the dev lists) packages they're using suddenly disappear.
11 They don't have time to handle it properly.
12
13 There should be an additional flagging (ie. scheduled for masking
14 or removal), maybe such flags could be put into an separate
15 database (ie. some textfile available via web or rsync).
16
17 An tool could check if the current system has some of those
18 scheduled packages installed.
21 cu
22 --
24 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
26 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
27 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
28 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
29 http://patches.metux.de/
31 --
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list