From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Information
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 05:24:46
1 Yatsen Ng wrote:
2 >
3 > Hello there,
4 >
5 > Just a few questions and comments:
6 >
7 > My first impression of Gentoo is that everything seems nice and clean.
8 > For example, the directory tree looks the way it's supposed to look.
9 > Does Gentoo Linux adhere to the File Hierarchy Standard? A few
10 > commercial distros screw up royally when it comes to standards.
11
12 We tried to follow FHS2.0 earlier and currently are moving to 2.1.
15 > It's been a while since a new ISO has been available for download. When
16 > will the next release be available?
17
18 Hrm, I think at the end of may.
19 >
20 > Gentoo looks like a winner according to the discription - so far I
21 > really like what I read (especially about Portage). If Gentoo can live
22 > up the what it promises It'll definitely be my distro of choice. It
23 > would be nice if you could also include the Athlon GCC compiler.
24 >
25 Yes a package for athlon gcc might be interesting.
26 glad to hear you like the distro.
27 bye achim~
28
29 > Cheers!
30 >
31 > --
32 > Yatsen Ng
33 >
34 > KPN BBT\IP OSU-CCO
35 > UNIX Administration Dept.
36 > Tel: +31 70 4512599
37 > Fax: +31 70 4512417
38 > mailto:yatsen-ng@×××.net
39 >
40 > "How happy is the human soul, not enslaved by dull control."
41 >
42 > ***************************DISCLAIMER***********************************
43 > Deze e-mail is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde(n).
44 > Verstrekking aan en gebruik door anderen is niet toegestaan.
45 > KPN N.V. sluit iedere aansprakelijkheid uit die voortvloeit uit
46 > elektronische verzending.
47 >
48 > This e-mail is intended exclusively for the addressee(s), and may
49 > not be passed on to, or made available for use by any person
50 > other than the addressee(s).
51 > KPN N.V. rules out any and every liability resulting from any
52 > electronic transmission.
56 > gentoo-dev mailing list
57 > gentoo-dev@g.o