From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Issues regarding glep-55 (Was: [gentoo-council] Re: Preliminary Meeting-Topics for 12 February 2009)
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 22:14:28
1 On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 20:54:38 +0000
2 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 21:51:11 +0100
5 > Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> wrote:
6 > > > 2. (with myeclass.eclass containing EAPI=2)
7 > > > -----
8 > > > EAPI=1
9 > > > inherit myeclass
10 > >
11 > > Invalid
12 >
13 > QA violation, but legal and a pain in the ass.
14
15 I didn't think it was a brainy thing to do, but I can't find anything
16 saying it isn't allowed. It probably shouldn't be.
17
18 > > > 3. (with myeclass.eclass containing EAPI=2)
19 > > > -----
20 > > > EAPI=5
21 > > > inherit myeclass
22 > >
23 > > Invalid
24 >
25 > QA violation, but legal and a pain in the ass.
28 Can we ban eclasses from setting EAPI? Is there any case where it
29 would be sane?
33 gcc-porting, by design, by neglect
34 treecleaner, for a fact or just for effect
35 wxwidgets @ gentoo EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662