From: Steev Klimaszewski <steev@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News draft #2 for the udev-210 upgrade (was: 209 upgrade)
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 10:27:29
1 On Tue, 2014-02-25 at 10:43 +0200, Samuli Suominen wrote:
2 > Here is a bit better worded news item for the upgrade. I think I've
3 > taken into account any concerns, but please check
4 > the grammar part. Thanks!
5 >
6 > - Samuli
7
8 CONFIG_DMIID isn't available for ARM. Can we make that warning go away
9 if on ARM, so users don't pull their hair out?
10
11 The first sentence in the second paragraph doesn't have a period at the
12 end, and using "since" twice sounds odd to me when I read it out loud,
13 but I don't think it's that big of an issue.
17 Not related to the news file, since you aren't upstream, but wtf? They
18 store *configuration* there as well? Or is that just a mis-wording?
19
20 I'd also say, "using too wide of an INSTALL_MASK would be a mistake."
21 instead of "using a too wide INSTALL_MASK would be a mistake."