From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Problem: HOWTOs archive versions
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 17:38:11
1 On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 08:35:54PM +0300, Dan Armak wrote:
2 > > Best solution for right now is to create our own version of the archive
3 > > with a timestamp, and write the linuxdoc people to create these archives
4 > > with a timestamp (20010728, for example) as the version number:
5 > >
6 > > linux-howto-20010728.tar.gz
7 >
8 > OK, but I forgot to introduce the more important question: what about
9 > checksums (i.e. message digests)? Should we check for & create a new ebuild
10 > for a new timestamp every week or so, or should we override checksums? And
11 > how do you override them?
12
13 Nothing special needs to be done with the message digests. We just upload the
14 file to our ibiblio mirror.
15
16 Best Regards,
19 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>