From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI-2 and src_configure in eclasses
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 14:16:10
1 On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 15:07:27 +0100
2 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 15:36:30 +0200
5 > Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
6 > > How should exporting of src_configure in eclasses be handled? Should
7 > > it be conditional, depending on the EAPI? Or is it O.K. to export
8 > > src_configure unconditionally, since it doesn't harm for EAPI<2?
9 >
10 > Export it if and only if EAPI is 2.
11 >
12 > Note that this means EAPI really really has to be set as the first
13 > thing in the ebuild (*cough* or in the file extension).
14
15 By the way, do we really want to special case eapi-2 in every eclass ?
16 That's lot of code duplication and will get even worse when we'll reach
17 eapi-42. That would have been cool to have a pm function that tells
18 "has my eapi foo support" but that sort of bites its tail that way.
19 An eapi.eclass with such functions and lists of eapi & features
20 maintained there could help though.
21 An EXPORT_FUNCTIONS ignoring any function its doesn't know for its eapi
22 would help too.
23
24 Alexis.