From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ebuild Readability Issues
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 13:15:42
1 On Monday 02 December 2002 07:04, Rafael Cordones Marcos wrote:
2 > Yes, but, lets face it, documentation allways lags behind code. That's
3 > why if I see an ebuild that conains a reference to ${PACKAGE NAME} I do
4 > not have to goo look for any documentation to understand what it means
5 > (as compared to ${P}).
6
7 read `man 5 ebuild` ... its *very* up to date ... i update it on every release
8 of portage :P ... this goes for all manpages that portage installs ...
9
10 as for using ${PACKAGE NAME} in an ebuild, thats just what someone chose to
11 use as a variable, it has no 'official' value ...
12 -mike
15 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list