From: Rafael Cordones Marcos <rcm@×××××××.net>
To: =?unknown-8bit?q?Johannes=20Ball=E9=20=3Cjoba123=40arcor=2Ede=3E?=
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ebuild Readability Issues
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 12:10:48
1 On Mon, 2 Dec 2002 13:06:50 +0100
2 Johannes Ballé <joba123@×××××.de> wrote:
3
4 > Am Monday 02 December 2002 12:23 schrieb Rafael Cordones Marcos:
5 > > I have tracked down where in portage these variables are set and I
6 > > think is in /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/portage.py
7 >
8 > I agree that the names are really annoying for someone who is new to
9 > portage (I say this out of my own experience). It would have been kind
10 > of acceptable if ALL OF THEM were mentioned in the developers howto
11 > ...
12
13 Yes, but, lets face it, documentation allways lags behind code. That's
14 why if I see an ebuild that conains a reference to ${PACKAGE_NAME} I do
15 not have to goo look for any documentation to understand what it means
16 (as compared to ${P}).
17
18 /Rafa
21 Rafael Cordones Marcos