From: Marc Schiffbauer <marc@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] KDE4 eclasses review
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 15:39:25
1 * TomᨠChvátal schrieb am 04.04.11 um 19:00 Uhr:
2 > Hi guys,
3 > since we didn't do this for quite long time I would like kde4 eclasses
4 > reviewed as whole rather than on patch basis (altho i attach the patches
5 > for convenience too).
6 >
7 > It is 2 years since we reviewed them last time fully on -dev so lets see
8 > how much weird/useless logic we can find (more heads know more).
9 >
10 > Remember: nitpick on everything cause this thing is used in quite a lot
11 > ebuilds so we need it in top-notch shape :)
12 >
13 > This update brings support for git since upstream is slowly moving to
14 > git repos from SVN. Dropped support for eapi2. Usage of fdo/gnome
15 > classes to update mime stuff. Most of the koffice code removed as being
16 > obsoleted and various loads of whitespace stuff.
17 >
18 > Cheers
19 >
20 > Tom
21
22 > # Copyright 1999-2010 Gentoo Foundation
23 > # Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
24 > # $Header: $
25 >
26 > # @ECLASS: kde4-base.eclass
27 > # @MAINTAINER:
28 > # kde@g.o
29 > # @BLURB: This eclass provides functions for kde 4.X ebuilds
31 > # The kde4-base.eclass provides support for building KDE4 based ebuilds
32 > # and KDE4 applications.
33 > #
34 > # NOTE: KDE 4 ebuilds currently support EAPI "3". This will be reviewed
35 > # over time as new EAPI versions are approved.
36 >
37 > # @ECLASS-VARIABLE: VIRTUALX_REQUIRED
39 > # For proper description see virtualx.eclass manpage.
40 > # Here we redefine default value to be manual, if your package needs virtualx
41 > # for tests you should proceed with setting VIRTUALX_REQUIRED=test.
42 > : ${VIRTUALX_REQUIRED:=manual}
43
44 [...]
47 > KDE_MINIMAL="${KDE_MINIMAL:-4.4}"
48
49 I'd suggest setting default for all variables the same way. I
50 personally like the : {X:="default"} approach best.
51
52 : ${KDE_MINIMAL:=4.4}
53
54 -Marc
55 --
56 8AAC 5F46 83B4 DB70 8317 3723 296C 6CCA 35A6 4134