From: "Tiziano Müller" <dev-zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: GLEP 46: Allow upstream tags in metadata.xml
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 14:59:39
1 Santiago M. Mola wrote:
2
3 > On Jan 19, 2008 2:07 PM, Tiziano Müller <dev-zero@g.o> wrote:
4 >>
5 >> Current state: "Deferred"
6 >> Wanted state: "Accepted/Implemented" (at least by me)
7 >
8 > The GLEP should be updated. "Motivation" section does not seem to
9 > justify the changes. IMO Meatoo [1] (and its hipothetical rewrite
10 > using Doapspace [2]) would be the right tool to detect version bumps.
11 > Maybe metadata.xml should contain a Freshmeat or DOAP entry so meatoo
12 > could get more automation.
13 Unfortunately not all projects update their Freshmeat entry.
14
15 But you're right about the motivation: The point "It will reduce the time
16 spent by developers trying to find how to contact upstream." should get
17 more attention.
18 Maybe it should even be split into two proposals: "New upstream tags to
19 store maintenance upstream info" and "Add upstream tags to be able to store
20 upstream version info" (or something like this, I'm sure you get the idea).
25 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list