From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Identifying inherit-only / usable profiles (round 2)
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 18:38:19
1 On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 10:07 -0500, Aaron Walker wrote:
2 > > How about we add a /usr/portage/profiles/profiles, in the same vein as
3 > > categories? That should be simple enough and allow us to specify
4 > > "valid" profiles for use.
5 >
6 > I think I like this idea better. It won't add lots of empty files to
7 > profiles/. And it's as easy as a $(< ${portdir}/profiles/profiles).
8
9 Well, since nobody objected, I'm going to add this to portage after the
10 release. I'm probably only going to fill it with the profiles that I am
11 sure are usable, so if I miss something, just add it. I figure it'll be
12 easy enough to add this support to portage and we might as well get the
13 ball rolling by populating the file.
16 Chris Gianelloni
18 Games - Developer
19 Gentoo Linux