From: Stuart Bouyer <stubear@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ViewCVS is down
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2003 13:02:05
1 On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 05:29:13 -0700
2 Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o> wrote:
5 > > So how do the developers suggest that users get copies of ebuilds
6 > > that have been removed from the portage tree and just happen to be
7 > > the only one that works properly on my system??
8 > >
9 > > I thought the ability to get older stable snapshots was supposed to
10 > > get easier not harder.
11 > >
12 > > Seems to be I won't be putting Gentoo on any servers for a while yet
13 > > :(
14 >
15 > Let us not over-react, shall we? You may or may not be aware that
16 > several servers had to migrated this past week. And urgently. Time
17 > being the unfriendliest of adversaries, in that it advances
18 > ruthlessly, prevented us from bringing back viewcvs functionality.
19 > We'll have some sort of web based thingy back online in a few days.
22 Thank you Seemant, it's always a lot nicer to get bad new along with a
23 reason (Well at least it makes it easier to digest). Your post is a lot
24 more informative and at least now I have an idea why there is no
25 viewcvs.
26
27 I'm sorry if my post seemed an over-reation, but I think my initial
28 question was/is a valid one. How are users supposed to get ebuilds that
29 have been removed from portage if they need them?
32 StuBear
35 GnuPG KeyID 1607E7F7
36 Key fingerprint = 5C38 AA94 A4C1 6AAF 0EE4 C089 EE01 193D 1607 E7F7
37 gpg --keyserver search.keyserver.net --recv-keys 1607E7F7