From: yac <yac@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] OT: user-developer/privileges in IRC
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 14:55:50
1 On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 13:02:29 +0400
2 Sergey Popov <pinkbyte@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > 22.10.2013 07:19, Peter Stuge пишет:
5 > > I should have included bugzilla among mailing lists+IRC, users can
6 > > indeed also have elevated privileges on IRC, but never equal to
7 > > developers. It is radical exclusion and I'm reminded of it every
8 > > time the #gentoo-dev channel mode catches my eye, painfully so if
9 > > there's a discussion I could perhaps contribute to. Most of the time
10 > > it is easy enough to say something privately to a relevant
11 > > developer, but that's still very different from actual
12 > > participation.
15 > Yes, and i think that it was done for a reason.
16
17 Now I wonder if the +m on IRC was set proactively or reactively. If the
18 former it could be worth a try to -m.
19
20 > But nobody stops you
21 > from requesting temporarily voice on #gentoo-dev and when you
22 > contributions will be marked as significant - gentoo/contributor
23 > cloak, that will give you permanent voice in #gentoo-dev.
24 >
25 > You should understand that #gentoo-dev is channel for developer's
26 > communication primarily and it is not so restricted, as you think.
27 >
28 > For example, #gentoo-infra is totally restricted to developers only,
29 > other interested parties should be added to channel ACLs explicitly or
30 > should get invite there.