From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Attracting developers (Re: Packages up for grabs...)
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2013 18:56:30
1 On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 9:03 AM, Andreas K. Huettel <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
2 > Am Samstag, 5. Januar 2013, 16:46:07 schrieb Roy Bamford:
3 >
4 >> > That said, why the hell are we wasting time implementing our own
5 >> > website
6 >> > backend when we should be using a CMS? We're here to make a distro,
7 >> > not
8 >> > a website framework. No reason we should care, day to day, about
9 >> > anything but frontend theming and content.
10 >>
11 >> Donnie.
12 >>
13 >> We make our own website framework for the same reason that everything
14 >> else happens in Gentoo. Someone is interested in doing it.
15 >>
16 >> I agree its not 'core business' but Gentoo isn't a business.
17 >
18 > Even if you're not a business you should care about maintainable solutions.
19
20 I'm sure at the time it was created (12+ years ago) the website looked
21 pretty maintainable :)
22
23 -A
26 > --