From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Attracting developers (Re: Packages up for grabs...)
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2013 17:03:22
1 Am Samstag, 5. Januar 2013, 16:46:07 schrieb Roy Bamford:
2
3 > > That said, why the hell are we wasting time implementing our own
4 > > website
5 > > backend when we should be using a CMS? We're here to make a distro,
6 > > not
7 > > a website framework. No reason we should care, day to day, about
8 > > anything but frontend theming and content.
9 >
10 > Donnie.
11 >
12 > We make our own website framework for the same reason that everything
13 > else happens in Gentoo. Someone is interested in doing it.
14 >
15 > I agree its not 'core business' but Gentoo isn't a business.
16
17 Even if you're not a business you should care about maintainable solutions.
20 Andreas K. Huettel
21 Gentoo Linux developer
22 dilfridge@g.o
23 http://www.akhuettel.de/