From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ROX: maintainer-wanted and apps out of date
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 17:42:15
1 On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:32:32 +0200 Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | On Monday 12 September 2005 19:03, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 | > The easiest way to improve those ebuilds' chances
5 | > of getting into the tree is by getting them up to a good enough
6 | > standard that whoever picks them up is very unlikely to have to do
7 | > major extra work on them.
8 |
9 | To have even more unmaintained packages in the tree. The tree it is
10 | that needs QA. If "maintainer-wanted" bugs stay open forever - who
11 | cares.
12
13 The people who work with maintainer-wanted care.
14
15 | > It was discussed on this list.
16 |
17 | Thanks for the pointer. :p So from the user point of view it's better
18 | to file a request without attaching an ebuild, because it wouldn't
19 | directly resolved WONTFIX?! (Before you answer that: From the user
20 | point of view, not your's.) I mean I'm often giving a pointer on an
21 | formal issue or a very wrong attempt, but being that strict is not
22 | neecessary, discouraging and probably some even take the chance to
23 | molest about Gentoo, imho.
24
25 Not really. It's pretty likely that anyone who looks seriously at
26 maintainer-wanted will include "and KEYWORDS includes EBUILD" in their
27 search. They'll probably include "and KEYWORDS includes REVIEWED" too...
30 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
31 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
32 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm