From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ROX: maintainer-wanted and apps out of date
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 17:35:03
1 On Monday 12 September 2005 19:03, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > The easiest way to improve those ebuilds' chances
3 > of getting into the tree is by getting them up to a good enough
4 > standard that whoever picks them up is very unlikely to have to do
5 > major extra work on them.
6
7 To have even more unmaintained packages in the tree. The tree it is that needs
8 QA. If "maintainer-wanted" bugs stay open forever - who cares.
9
10 > It was discussed on this list.
11
12 Thanks for the pointer. :p So from the user point of view it's better to file
13 a request without attaching an ebuild, because it wouldn't directly resolved
14 WONTFIX?! (Before you answer that: From the user point of view, not your's.)
15 I mean I'm often giving a pointer on an formal issue or a very wrong attempt,
16 but being that strict is not neecessary, discouraging and probably some even
17 take the chance to molest about Gentoo, imho.
20 Carsten