From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] lastrite media-libs/libdts
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 19:28:11
1 Peter Volkov kirjoitti:
2 > В Пнд, 14/01/2008 в 02:10 +0200, Petteri Räty пишет:
3 >> Mike Frysinger kirjoitti:
4 >>> On Sunday 13 January 2008, Petteri Räty wrote:
5 >>>> Peter Volkov kirjoitti:
6 >>>>> Also why not just do package move for libdts to avoid manual unmerge
7 >>>>> libdts?
8 >>>> Package moves don't work very well if you move an existing package to
9 >>>> another.
10 >>> unless they had a block in place ...
11 >>> -mike
12 >> When you move a package over an another the files don't change. So
13 >> Portage thinks you have libdca installed but the files are from libdts.
14 >> So every depending on libdca would have to have their atoms in such a
15 >> way that doesn't match libdts existing versions. Please correct me if I
16 >> am wrong.
17 >
18 > Thank you, now I see. And if I understood correctly to fix atoms you
19 > just have to add >=media-libs/libdca-0.0.5 into DEPEND of packages which
20 > depend only on libdca. After this package move will work as it should.
21 > Did I miss anything?
24 This requirement would always have to be used and people writing ebuilds
25 a year from now aren't very likely to know about the move history so
26 it's better not to use package moves for situations like this.
27
28 Regards,
29 Petteri