From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Gentoo-sources - should we stable?
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2015 03:15:25
1 Rich Freeman posted on Sat, 03 Jan 2015 07:53:56 -0500 as excerpted:
2
3 > In any case, whether you run btrfs or not the general principle is for
4 > stable users to not run the very latest kernel branch the day it is
5 > released. Longterm does that reasonably well, and it gets btrfs
6 > backports just like all the others.
7
8 I strongly agree that LTS stables as discussed are the way to go for
9 gentoo-sources.
10
11 In terms of btrfs, however, not everything is backported, and while LTS
12 is fine as long as things are running well, when people run into problems
13 and post to the list, if they're back some versions, trying with current
14 tends to be the first suggestion.
19 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman