From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] QA issue: No stable skype in Tree
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 17:57:13
1 Wednesday, 13. June 2007, Daniel Gryniewicz Ви написали:
2 > > The first option will trigger portage errors and prompt users to open
3 > > bugs until we have a stable 1.4, the second gives us a chance to explain
4 > > the issue.
5 > >
6 > > Any alternatives?
7 >
8 > 3. Mask < 1.4 on the 19th with a descriptive message. That should have
9 > the effect of 1 and 2, without breaking anything necessarily?
10 I'd say mask < 1. as soon as anything 1.4 hits the tree (even p-masekd). This
11 way we warn users but also give them a chance to save a local copy of their
12 favorite version. *We* cannot mirror sources, but as I understand, nothing
13 prohibits end users from saving their stuff locally. Is this right?
14
15 Yes, this would be against any policy we have, but then the whole situation is
16 kind of against anything that was ever considered when policies were
17 developed..
18
19 George
20 --