From: kuzetsa <kuzetsa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Requiring gentoo.git committers to use their @gentoo.org address
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 14:14:47
1 On 07/10/2018 09:44 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 9:38 AM kuzetsa <kuzetsa@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> I think authorship is a good point / distinction, Mart.
5 >>
6 >> Authorship was never shown in dev-timeline for addresses
7 >> which aren't @gentoo.org anyway. That's a separate issue,
8 >> so this policy change shouldn't affect proxy-maint?
11 > Might I suggest bringing authorship issues into a separate thread? It
12 > really seems like a completely separate issue. IMO devs who are
13 > authors but not committers should probably also use their @g.o
14 > addresses, though it is a little less critical there. We're talking
15 > about the committer here, and the committer will always be a Gentoo
16 > dev for these repos, and I don't see any reason that we shouldn't have
17 > a matching email address between that and LDAP. The alternative would
18 > be to have some other key, and that just seems overly complex.
21 Authorship was brought up by: [ Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o> ]
22
23 It's germane, and wanting clarity doesn't hurt:
24
25 ... as quoted here:
26