From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Requiring gentoo.git committers to use their @gentoo.org address
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 13:44:43
1 On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 9:38 AM kuzetsa <kuzetsa@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > I think authorship is a good point / distinction, Mart.
4 >
5 > Authorship was never shown in dev-timeline for addresses
6 > which aren't @gentoo.org anyway. That's a separate issue,
7 > so this policy change shouldn't affect proxy-maint?
10 Might I suggest bringing authorship issues into a separate thread? It
11 really seems like a completely separate issue. IMO devs who are
12 authors but not committers should probably also use their @g.o
13 addresses, though it is a little less critical there. We're talking
14 about the committer here, and the committer will always be a Gentoo
15 dev for these repos, and I don't see any reason that we shouldn't have
16 a matching email address between that and LDAP. The alternative would
17 be to have some other key, and that just seems overly complex.
20 Rich