From: kuzetsa <kuzetsa@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Requiring gentoo.git committers to use their @gentoo.org address
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 13:38:39
1 On 07/09/2018 06:29 AM, Mart Raudsepp wrote:
2 > Ühel kenal päeval, E, 09.07.2018 kell 10:40, kirjutas Michał Górny:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> We currently don't enforce any particular standard for e-mail
6 >> addresses
7 >> for developers committing to gentoo.git. FWICS, the majority of
8 >> developers is using their @gentoo.org e-mail addresses. However, a
11 ~{prune}~
14 >> Is anyone opposed to that? Does anyone know of a valid reason to use
15 >> non-@g.o address when committing?
18 > As long as that doesn't imply authorship, which seems to be as planned
19 > (for committer field only, as you said). Hopefully it's easy for people
20 > to set it up so that it uses gentoo address for committer and something
21 > else for author, albeit I don't see any config for it, but should be
22 > able to at least go via a script that uses the appropriate env vars.
25 ~{prune}~
28 > The only issue I see is that of slight complications on handling the
29 > different addresses for author and commit, that's all that comes to
30 > mind.
33 > Mart
36 I think authorship is a good point / distinction, Mart.
37
38 Authorship was never shown in dev-timeline for addresses
39 which aren't @gentoo.org anyway. That's a separate issue,
40 so this policy change shouldn't affect proxy-maint?
41
42 (There are a few authors who are proxy-maintaining)
43
44 --kuza